Tuesday, March 21, 2006

SPRING BRINGS NEW BEGINNINGS

It's been awhile since I've written about the job front, but not for lack of activity. When big changes are unfolding, I often prefer to sit back and let the whole story unfold before divulging info. That time has come.

During my first month in my new position, I was quickly exposed many aspects of the company - the company vision, work environment, management style - some positive, some negative. True to form, I decided to keep alert and see how things play out over time. By the end of Februay the negative were posing signifant diffculties and I decided to resign. The short stints aren't necessarily my style, but with experience I've learned to disuade concerns of outward appearance and act in my own best interest.

Since then I've returned as a volunteer with the PR company that manages the runway room at L'Oreal Fashion Week. I've also contracted with Reia N Studio doing a combination of admin, set-up, and sales work for Fashion Week and the Fashion North Womenswear trade show. Working in fashion, accessories to be exact, has been a blast!
From the wonderful purses to the wonderful people, it's been a great experience.

They say March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb, so I'm pleased to sit back, rest my feet, and see what the Spring holds for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home