Thursday, February 23, 2006

NO LONGER AN E-BAY VIRGIN!

It took me almost 5 years since first learning of e-bay, but I can now officially declare that I am no longer an e-bay virgin! 5 years ago I would have started by buying or selling a small personal item - now it's go big or go home. That's right, after only 6 months of marriage, I am willing to part with my beloved wedding dress.

When I first started looking at dresses last year, I had a picture in mind of a 40's-inspired, halter gown. I tried to displace the vision knowing it would be difficult to find. Then on a quiet Sunday in Bayview Village, there it was - the perfect white Sunny Choi evening gown! Way beyond my budget, but also beyond my every dream. After trying on only two dresses (this one included) I did it! I feel like it was an omen that Sunny herself was in the store that day, although we didn't meet.

Now I'm ready to pass that happiness on to the next lucky size 12 girl. But it's my wedding dress, you say. Yes, it is my wedding dress. And for one wonderful day I wore it in all it's glory and felt like a star on the red carpet. Since then, neither Anthony or I have really set eyes on it. I don't expect my children to wear it and I'd be surprised if it still fit in 2 years. I like to think that I'm passing the happiness (and savings) onto someone equally deserving.

Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home