Tuesday, November 22, 2005

LET'S GET CAUGHT UP

Before embarking on this incredible journey, let me get you caught up. Three months ago, my entire being radiated with elation as Anthony and I joined hands in marriage. Many ask whether marriage feels different from living together - it does somewhat. Most surprisingly, solidifying our relationship granted me the confidence to make more bold statements in other areas of my life. With self-awareness and the unconditional support of friends, family and my husband, I am assured I can attempt anything - win or fail - life will go on. With or without a man, the prelude to 30 is a fabulous time! Despite dire debt and career conundrums, at 29 I have a greater sense of destiny than ever.

Here's where it gets good. Three weeks back from our honeymoon, I lost my job. Let me rephrase that - I was 'restructured' out of a marketing position that once excited me, but by this point, was killing me slowly. How did I feel?...Liberated! I coined this period of life 'Freedom-29' and after eight years of paying video production, advertising, and marketing dues, I hit the pavement running in search of a new career. After sleeping in of course!

For the past two months, I've been networking my butt of, meeting anyone I can in Toronto's music, magazine and television industries. The goal is to better define my career direction while meeting as many people as I can. So here I am, newly married, in debt up to my stylishly coiffed head, and incredibly excited about my future. The journey has begun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home